The Maybourne Hotel Group consists of three of the world’s most iconic luxury hotels, Claridge’s, The Connaught and The Berkeley. The London-located Hotel Group boasts Michelin-starred restaurants, personalised service and exquisite facilities, drawing in a customer base from across the world.
YouYaa set out a Programmatic Advertising strategy to fit around the MHG’s new campaign objectives:
- Raise the profile of MHG hotels within the UK to make their hotels the destination of choice for domestic luxury travel.
- Drive room bookings across MHG’s 3 new hotel campaigns.
Gather all information
Understanding the needs of the high end hotel consumer was of paramount importance in the initial setup which allowed YouYaa to create the correct strategies.
Analysing the market, understanding consumer behaviour, understanding competitor activity and incorporating the needs of the business allowed YouYaa to understand the full environment.
Find Solution & Solve it
Prospecting based on the ‘affinity categories’ such as travel, lifestyle and health & fitness to reach only the most relevant audience.
- Build a campaign using contextual and geo-targeting strategies across devices.
- Layer in video advertising for maximum brand engagement.
- Incorporate Retargeting to create a 360-degree view of the customer to help convert customers the prospecting campaign had driven to site but had not yet fulfi lled a booking.
The integration of the YouYaa Universal Smart Pixel allowed us to create custom segments for each of the Maybourne Groups hotel sites. These gave us powerful insights on consumer site behaviour for each of the sites enabling MHG to create rules to determine the most valuable visitors to target.
Site visitors were retargeted within a 90-day, intent-to-book attribution window through the Universal Smart Pixel.
Creative played an important role in improving performance by aligning creative sets with rules to enhance engagement and help ensure each of MHG’S hotel sites’ USPs resonated with the relevant audiences.
The nationwide geo-targeting campaign allowed YouYaa’s proprietary technology to analyse best performing locations and optimise towards real-time purchasing of inventory in specifi c municipalities.
Finally Get the Result
- Overall Return on Ad spend was strong across each campaign and averaged £3.5:1
- Overall mobile performed particularly well in driving engagement, however 96% of the bookings took place on Desktop which showed just how crucial a role mobile plays as a first touch channel in raising awareness and where desktop closes the loop to convert.
- Video was optimised towards completed views, focusing on raising awareness rather than bookings delivering a strong 83% view-through-rate average across hotel campaigns.
- The campaign underwent ongoing optimisations as the machine identifi ed engagement was highest during the afternoon, as a result spend was upweighted during 15.00-20.00.
- The majority of conversions (96%) took place on PC devices, therefore the retargeting activity was upweighted toward desktop.